Friday, November 28, 2014

Pie Marathon

This year marks my fourth year baking for all of you and I'm proud to say that my business has grown every year. Before I move on to Christmas preparations, I thought it'd be fun to share some numbers with y'all..... This year me and my one little oven managed to crank out:

5 pumpkin pies
5 pecan pies
5 apple pies
1 peach blackberry pie
1 rhubarb pie
5 banana chocolate chip bundt cakes
2 pound cakes
1 german chocolate cake
1 dozen pumpking cupcakes
2.5 dozen red velvet cupcakes
1 dozen chocolate cookies
4 dozen thumbprints

oh and 104 oz (13 cups) cranberry sauce

I'm never quite sure how I pull it off, but I somehow I made all this over a couple of days. I managed to squeeze in 2 hours of sleep early Tuesday morning only to bounce back up first thing Wednesday and start all over again. It was insane.

I always tally up my ingredients before shopping and find the numbers staggering every time. Here're a few choice highlights:

12 lbs butter
12.5 lbs flour
9 lbs sugar
97 eggs
95 oz pumpkin
3.5 lbs pecans

I always have such a blast baking this time of year, even if it is a bit of a blur, and I'm lucky to have such supportive friends and family to share this holiday with. Many many thanks to all of you who trust me with your holiday baking requests, I hope you and yours enjoyed the buttery goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment